« Home | Jes's Birthday... » | Tastes like Home » | V for Vendetta » | CRISIS » | FINALLY » | The Car » | well, back to this world » 

Thursday, April 27, 2006 

read a great quote today...

"...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room but for one language here, and that language is the English language.. and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyality to the American people"

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907.

usually I don't post this kinda stuff anywhere. I found this particularily moving. I couldn't have put it more eloquently than that. I am so worried about the unraveling of our melting pot society. I'm worried it won't be a melting pot. Instead it will be a muffin pan, each with a different muffin in it. Does that make sense? *sigh*

So, you're in favor of a melting pot society? Or in favor of muffins? Or both? Or neither? I'm confused...

I'm in favor of the melting pot, not a bunch of seperate socities inside one border...

But, a melting pot where everybody speaks English?

I melting pot is where everyone comes together to become one thing. This isn't super hard to understand...

But, in a melting pot, don't all the things inside the melting pot blend and take on properties of the other things inside of it? If everybody was forced to speak English, the people who originally speak it wouldn't be shifting at all.

So what you are saying is it should be like?


Hello, Como you? Porque my life is meurte!

Give me a break. There has to be consistency.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Kristopher
  • From Edina, Minnesota, United States
  • I'm 25, I'm married. That pretty much sums up my life :)
My profile

Other Blogs