« Home | V for Vendetta » | CRISIS » | FINALLY » | The Car » | well, back to this world » 

Thursday, April 20, 2006 

Tastes like Home

Went to visit my grandparents this week. My grandpa needed to clean up the yard. They have around 3 acres and I thought Jes and I should help do the spring cleaning. We drove down there and started throwing tons of sticks and branches and logs into the chipper. It was exhausting. My back hurt quite a bit, but I told myself it couldnt have been as bad as Grandpas back. Jes raked the backyard extensively. It looked great!

We went inside to eat and watch 24. Afterwards my Grandpa wasn't feeling well. We ended up taking him to the hospital. It was probably the most afraid I have been since I can remember. I held his hand while we waited for the ambulance. My whole life he had looked the same age. (minus the mustache at my younger years.) For some reason at this point he looked old. Perhaps I had never taken the time to study his face as I did at that time. He was exhausted...It was terrifying for me seeing him like that. I told him not to do anything stupid because we still had to finish his truck. His hands were so cold...Once the ambulance came everything got better. He is fine now, and didnt have to stay over 5 or 6 hours.

My Dad came over the following day and Jes, Him, and I kicked some ass on the yard some more. It looks great. They should have great grass under the great oak in the backyard this year. My Dad and I talked quite a bit about my past, and things I wouldnt remember since I would have been to young. It was hard for him to talk about it I could tell. I'm proud to have him as my Dad.

That night Paal called and we went to hang out bowling with him. I miss him. We didn't hang out a ton when he was here, but every minute was 'quality'. I hope to see him again soon.

I took him for a ride/drive in my car. We ended up at menards where we bought a DA sander to get rocking on his rabbit truck. I sanded away on it and it should be ready for some body filler after that. I hope i can get down there soon to work on it some more.

Jes and I went to visit my Dad at his place on the way home. He bought a goat. A goat. His name is Goat Boy. Very, very strange to say the least. It was very docile...

It's good to be home, but I miss family already. On with the pictures shall we?



















Is that that small hole-in-the-wall bowling alley in Pewaukee? I love that place!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Kristopher
  • From Edina, Minnesota, United States
  • I'm 25, I'm married. That pretty much sums up my life :)
My profile

Other Blogs